F-L. Julie: Gravitational radiation from BBH in ESGB gravity

Gravitational radiation can provide important information, when other means of observations are impossible. Cosmological and astrophysical sources for gravitational waves, related with astroparticle physics, news on the development of gravitational wave experiments are the topic of discussions here.

Moderator: Maxim Khlopov

Forum rules
Only topics, specified in the description of this forum can be posted here. Other topics will be either removed or moved to an appropriate forum.

F-L. Julie: Gravitational radiation from BBH in ESGB gravity

New postby Maxim Khlopov on Tue 7 Apr 2020 14:34

VIA APC Theory Seminar of Felix-Louis Julie "Gravitational radiation from a binary black hole coalescence in Einstein-scalar-Gauss-Bonnet gravity" took place on 07.04.2020. His presentation is attached and the record is in VIA library
http://viavca.in2p3.fr/felix_louis_julie.html
The following questions were adressed in discussion during this talk
Yan LIU: may I ask what's this \epsilon<<1 mean?
Dani: Is it obvious why A is of order epsilon^2 and phi is linear in epsilon?
Geoffrey: Why the Gauss-Bonnet term does not contribute to the mass?
O.M. Lecian: why can You say that the pole could be the sign of a naked singularity?'
O.M. Lecian: in which case (for the calculation of what PN order) is there the necessity for a large range of redshifts?
Geoffrey: How do you know that the relation between H and H_EOB is quadratic for arbitrary theories such as Gauss-Bonnet here?
Houri Ziaeepour: In observations of GW we ignore mass of binaryies. Can degeneracy of parameters smear Gauss-Bonnet or other Mod. GR models?

You are welcome to continue discussion in replies to this post
Attachments
VIA_presentation_FLJfin.pdf
Presentation by Felix-Luis Julie
(2.87 MiB) Downloaded 132 times
[i]Хлопов Максим Юрьевич
Maxim Khlopov[/i]
Maxim Khlopov
Administrateur du site

Return to GRAVITATIONAL WAVE EXPERIMENTS