C.Chirenti: Did GW150914 produce a rotating gravastar?

Gravitational radiation can provide important information, when other means of observations are impossible. Cosmological and astrophysical sources for gravitational waves, related with astroparticle physics, news on the development of gravitational wave experiments are the topic of discussions here.

Moderator: Maxim Khlopov

Forum rules
Only topics, specified in the description of this forum can be posted here. Other topics will be either removed or moved to an appropriate forum.

C.Chirenti: Did GW150914 produce a rotating gravastar?

New postby Maxim Khlopov on Fri 8 Apr 2016 17:51

VIA lecture by Cecilia Chirenti "Did GW150914 produce a rotating gravastar?" was given on 08.04.2016.
Its record is in the VIA library
http://viavca.in2p3.fr/cecilia_chirenti.html
The following questions were put in discussion.
Shantanu: Can you say something about related non-singular alternatives to Black holes such as the models by Chapline, Laughlin, Dymnikova etc , which they refer to as "dark energy stars"?
Houri Ziaeepour: What is the progenitor of gravastar`? how can they form ?
David Wiltshire: Question: you said in your extrapolation that you used the same spin parameter as for the Kerr solution. But what if one chose a different spin parameter? Is it impossible to get a fit for another spin?
cole miller: Could you match both the real and imaginary parts of the ringdown frequency with a lower-spin gravastar?
David Wiltshire: If one had another means of determining the exterior geometry then one could say conclusively that it is not a gravastar, but (unfortuntately) that does not appear to be the case. (I helped start this in 2004 but I don't like them!)
Shantanu: maybe a slightly unrelated question (to this talk) and probably other experts can answer this. Given that the measured spin value < 1, a naked singularity is ruled out (or is there a circularity in the reasoning)?
David Wiltshire: Good point: as far as I know the spins of the original black holes is negligible. But the merger phase has its own angular momentum, and that might be a constraint.
Shantanu: just one link (not a question) long time back emil Mottola gvae a nice talk at KITP and you can find the slides online at
http://online.kitp.ucsb.edu/online/joint98/mottola/
You are welcome to continue discussion in replies to this post
Attachments
lecture.pdf
Presentation by C.Chirenti
(5.11 MiB) Downloaded 219 times
[i]Хлопов Максим Юрьевич
Maxim Khlopov[/i]
Maxim Khlopov
Administrateur du site

Return to GRAVITATIONAL WAVE EXPERIMENTS