Enrico Barausse. Binary pulsar test of LV

Gravitational radiation can provide important information, when other means of observations are impossible. Cosmological and astrophysical sources for gravitational waves, related with astroparticle physics, news on the development of gravitational wave experiments are the topic of discussions here.

Moderator: Maxim Khlopov

Forum rules
Only topics, specified in the description of this forum can be posted here. Other topics will be either removed or moved to an appropriate forum.

Enrico Barausse. Binary pulsar test of LV

New postby Maxim Khlopov on Fri 8 Nov 2013 18:23

On 8.11.2013 Enrico Barausse (IAP, Paris, France) gave a talk
"Constraints on Lorentz violation in gravity from binary pulsars"
The record of videoconference with this VIA lecture can be found in Previous -> Lectures
The following questions and comments were put in discussion:
Houri Ziaeepour: How physically do you define the preferred frame?

Houri Ziaeepour: can you add cosmological constraint to these results?

Sergei Kopeikin: What kind of theories can violate Lorentz invariance in gravity?

Houri Ziaeepour: Apparently Horava model can explain acceleration of the universe. Does your calculation be used by next DE surveys?

Houri Ziaeepour: If it is a scalar tensor, it should be adaptable for DE

Shantanu: this is a naive question. do you still get dipole gravitational radiation if there is violation of strong equivalence principle if neutron stars in the binary have the same masses? I also don't remember if the masses of the Hulse-Taylor pulsar are different.

Shantanu: I meant and neutron stars have the same masses

Houri Ziaeepour: You are very right. Usually people forget strong gravitational field
Attachments
VIABarausse.pdf
Slides of E.Barausse's talk
(2.43 MiB) Downloaded 180 times
[i]Хлопов Максим Юрьевич
Maxim Khlopov[/i]
Maxim Khlopov
Administrateur du site

Return to GRAVITATIONAL WAVE EXPERIMENTS