M.Braglia:Ho tension and non-minimal coupling to gravity

The aspects of modern cosmology related with new physics, predicted by particle theory are discussed here. The models of inflation, baryosynthesis, dark matter and dark energy, physics of very early Universe, cosmological nucleosynthesis, origin and properties of cosmic microwave background radiation, formation of large scale structure of the Universe, role and distribution of dark matter in the modern Universe are discussed here.

Moderator: Maxim Khlopov

Forum rules
Only topics, specified in the description of this forum can be posted here. Other topics will be either removed or moved to an appropriate forum.

M.Braglia:Ho tension and non-minimal coupling to gravity

New postby Maxim Khlopov on Tue 30 Jun 2020 14:53

Seminar by Matteo Braglia "The H0 tension and non-minimal couplings to gravity" was given on 30.06.2020. His presentation is attached and the record
will appear soon.
The following questions and comments were put
Julié: Could you recall the difference between your work and that of Solà et al? What did you mean by 'ghost'?
Julié: but all these theories (BD) are subclasses of DHOST, so how can there be ghosts?
O.M. Lecian: what constraints are found in vacuum with the ghost case in the two frames?
Julié: I think DHOST theories are devoid of ghosts by construction
Holger: Are this kind of modified gravity involving very large couplings and how large compared to dimensional expectations?
Chiara Caprini: is there any particular physical motivation to add N_eff to conformal coupling or JBD models? do they offer some candidate for a non trivial N_eff?
O.M. Lecian: how are all the ghosts field eliminated, as from the presence of the box operator
of the $phi$ field?
Julié: Is your work encompassing BD theories with cosmological attractors towards GR (à la Damour-Nordtvedt)?
O.M. Lecian: You are meaning that the \sigma^2 is completely eliminating the ghosts?

O.M. Lecian:

You are welcome to continue discussion in replies to this post
Attachments
Talk APC 30 06(1).pdf
pdf of M.Braglia's prsentation
(24.99 MiB) Downloaded 231 times
[i]Хлопов Максим Юрьевич
Maxim Khlopov[/i]
Maxim Khlopov
Administrateur du site

Return to COSMOLOGY