Y.Tian:RAR in CLASH Galaxy Clusters

The aspects of modern cosmology related with new physics, predicted by particle theory are discussed here. The models of inflation, baryosynthesis, dark matter and dark energy, physics of very early Universe, cosmological nucleosynthesis, origin and properties of cosmic microwave background radiation, formation of large scale structure of the Universe, role and distribution of dark matter in the modern Universe are discussed here.

Moderator: Maxim Khlopov

Forum rules
Only topics, specified in the description of this forum can be posted here. Other topics will be either removed or moved to an appropriate forum.

Y.Tian:RAR in CLASH Galaxy Clusters

New postby Maxim Khlopov on Fri 24 Apr 2020 11:10

VIA lecture by Dr. Yong Tian "The Radial Acceleration Relation in CLASH Galaxy Clusters" was given on 24.04.2020. Its presentation is attached and the record is in VIA libary
http://viavca.in2p3.fr/youg_tian.html
The following questions were put during the talk
Shantanu: For ellipticals is the scatter almost same as for spirals, or is it as tight as for spirals?
Shantanu: Has anyone done a study of RAR for galaxy groups?
Shantanu: I am guessing this relation by Inon can be applied to all cluster samples to estimate the stellar mass?
Shantanu: The stellar mass estimate does not include the BCG mass?

Shantanu: You had a semi-analytic model. but can one test this with mock catalogs from Illustrus TNG (or other simulations)? The 2nd question: is there was another paper on this topic simultaneously by Chan and Del Popolo and they did this test not at the same radii but at values of core radius (which are different for different clusters)
Is there any argument on whether we shuld do this test at same radius or different one?
Shantanu: I'd like to draw attention that similar question was discussed by Stacy some time ago and record of his talk is available in VIA library as well as this discussion is available on VIA Forum

You are welcome to continue discussion of this topic in reply to this post
Attachments
20200424_VIA_v2.pdf
Prsentaation of the lecture by Yong Tian
(5.66 MiB) Downloaded 163 times
[i]Хлопов Максим Юрьевич
Maxim Khlopov[/i]
Maxim Khlopov
Administrateur du site

Return to COSMOLOGY