C.Szybka:Backreaction for Einstein-Rosen waves...

The aspects of modern cosmology related with new physics, predicted by particle theory are discussed here. The models of inflation, baryosynthesis, dark matter and dark energy, physics of very early Universe, cosmological nucleosynthesis, origin and properties of cosmic microwave background radiation, formation of large scale structure of the Universe, role and distribution of dark matter in the modern Universe are discussed here.

Moderator: Maxim Khlopov

Forum rules
Only topics, specified in the description of this forum can be posted here. Other topics will be either removed or moved to an appropriate forum.

C.Szybka:Backreaction for Einstein-Rosen waves...

New postby Maxim Khlopov on Fri 16 Dec 2016 17:21

VIA lecture by Prof. Sebastian Jan Szybka ''Backreaction for Einstein-Rosen waves coupled to a massless scalar field'' was given on 16.12.2016. It's presentation is attached.
The following questions were put:
Shantanu: Can effect of inhomogenieties mimic dark matter. (David Witshire said in his talk in this series that it could)
Steve Branchu: why we don't know g_U ?
Houri Ziaeepour: What is the physical meaning of parameter lambda ?
Shantanu: Just a comment for other particpiants. David Wiltshire also gave a a very interesting talk (although at a non-standard time) which is worth watching

Houri Ziaeepour: But somehow we must be able that relate it to other properties of the Universe, otherwise a cosmological constant can do very well the job of explaining observations.

Houri Ziaeepour: I meant relating lambda to other properties.

Shantanu: A question to Prof. Obukhov. Has anyone worked on backreaction problem in Einstein-Cartan gravity?

Yuri Obukhov: Not, not to my knowledge

Shantanu: (or a question to Sebastian if he knows)

Houri Ziaeepour: Yes. Bukert.

Shantanu: Let me ask an observational question

Houri Ziaeepour: But to explain accelerated expansion, one needs a large curvature which is against observations.

Shantanu: Is there any observation which will settle the controversy between Wald and others (you mentioned earlier)

Houri Ziaeepour: What is called the backreaction of anisotropies can explain apparent accelerating expansion only if there is a large curvature.(Bukert 2002).

Houri Ziaeepour: curvature of the Universe

Houri Ziaeepour: But these extreme objects has a very small contribution in the total energy density.

You are welcome to continue discussion of this exciting topic in replies to this post
Attachments
sem71.pdf
(256.68 KiB) Downloaded 140 times
[i]Хлопов Максим Юрьевич
Maxim Khlopov[/i]
Maxim Khlopov
Administrateur du site

Return to COSMOLOGY