L.Bleem:Cluster Cosmology with the SPT

The aspects of modern cosmology related with new physics, predicted by particle theory are discussed here. The models of inflation, baryosynthesis, dark matter and dark energy, physics of very early Universe, cosmological nucleosynthesis, origin and properties of cosmic microwave background radiation, formation of large scale structure of the Universe, role and distribution of dark matter in the modern Universe are discussed here.

Moderator: Maxim Khlopov

Forum rules
Only topics, specified in the description of this forum can be posted here. Other topics will be either removed or moved to an appropriate forum.

L.Bleem:Cluster Cosmology with the SPT

New postby Maxim Khlopov on Fri 11 Nov 2016 17:37

VIA lecture by Prof. Lindsey Bleem ''Cluster Cosmology with the South Pole Telescope'' was given on 11.11.2016.
Her presentation is available at
http://viavca.in2p3.fr/presentations/cluster_cosmology_with_the_south_Pole_telescope.pdf
and the record is in VIA library
http://viavca.in2p3.fr/lindsey_bleem.html
The following questions were put and comments made in the discussion:
Ken Ganga: Are there any plans to work with, e.g., LSST, Euclid, WFIRST, etc.?
Shantanu: There is lot of work in cosmological community on variants of Vanilla CDM model such as Self-interacting DM and DM with large De Broglie wavelength (which go under different names such as psi DM or Wave DM etc). To test these models you need simulations and halo mass functions
Shantanu: is anyone working on this and testing them with SZ data?
Shantanu: There was recently a paper by Princeton group on wave DM and in this series David Marsh gave a talk on such a model
Shantanu: I think nature of DM is the most pressing question in cosmology.

You are welcome to continue discussion of this topic in replies to this post
[i]Хлопов Максим Юрьевич
Maxim Khlopov[/i]
Maxim Khlopov
Administrateur du site

Return to COSMOLOGY