J.Read:The Local Dark Matter Density

Various aspects of relationship between particle physics and cosmology and theoretical and experimental studies of this relationship, which are not precisely related with other topics are discussed here.

Moderator: Maxim Khlopov

Forum rules
Only topics, specified in the description of this forum can be posted here. Other topics will be either removed or moved to an appropriate forum.

J.Read:The Local Dark Matter Density

New postby Maxim Khlopov on Fri 5 Jun 2015 17:29

VIA lecture by Justinn read "The Local Dark Matter Density" was given on friday 5 Juen 2015.
It's pdf presentation is attached and the record is in VIA library
http://viavca.in2p3.fr/justin_read.html.
During the lecture the following questions were put and comments made:

Arunan: 6 dimensons? what is the 5th?
Johann Cohen-Tanugi: the errors are only statistical there?
Houri Ziaeepour: Have you found any cusp or unusual clumping of DM in the disk or halo ?
Observationally?

Shantanu: what are your thoughts Pierre Sikivie's argurments where he has argued that dark matter in our galaxy is distributed in terms of caustics and not NFW (or similar profiles)

M.Yu.Khlopov: The first paper on the baryonic feedback in dark matter distriubution was: Astrophysical bounds on the mass of heavy stable neutral leptons. Yadernaya Fizika (1980) V. 31, PP. 1286-1294. With Ya.B.Zeldovich, A.A.Klypin and V.M.Chechetkin. [English translation: Sov.J.Nucl.Phys. (1980) V.31, PP. 664-669]. It's scan is attached to this post.

Stacy McGaugh: I am finding a heavy-ish MW disk, consistent with spherical DM equivalent 0.009Msun/pc^3. But I also see evidence for bumps and wiggles in both the surface density of stars and the rotation curve. dV/dR bounces around so that Oort's A and B vary on <~300 pc scales. Is this going to be another systematic headache by adding more cross terms we can't ignore?

You are welcome to continue discussion in replies to this post
Attachments
zeldovich0001.pdf
Scan of the paper by Zeldovich et al on baryonic feedback in DM distribution
(777.72 KiB) Downloaded 282 times
VIA_localdm.pdf
pdf file of J. read's presentation
(10.26 MiB) Downloaded 226 times
[i]Хлопов Максим Юрьевич
Maxim Khlopov[/i]
Maxim Khlopov
Administrateur du site