A.Goetz "Wave Dark Matter and the Tully-Fisher Relation"

Various aspects of relationship between particle physics and cosmology and theoretical and experimental studies of this relationship, which are not precisely related with other topics are discussed here.

Moderator: Maxim Khlopov

Forum rules
Only topics, specified in the description of this forum can be posted here. Other topics will be either removed or moved to an appropriate forum.

A.Goetz "Wave Dark Matter and the Tully-Fisher Relation"

New postby Maxim Khlopov on Sun 16 Nov 2014 13:20

VIA lecture by A.Goetz "Wave Dark Matter and the Tully-Fisher Relation", based on his work with H.Bray was given on 14.11.2014. It's record is in the library
http://viavca.in2p3.fr/andrew_goetz.html
During the lexture teh following questions and comments were made:
Shantanu: Is Vc same as the asymptotic velocities seen in rotation curves? Vc is from Tully-Fisher relation.
Houri Ziaeepour: What is V(r) ?
Houri Ziaeepour: What are axes in these plots?
Houri Ziaeepour: What is unit for mass?
Shantanu: anyhow I have several questions
Shantanu: So does your model also explain Renzo's rule?
Houri Ziaeepour: What is the main difference between your model and other scalar field models?
Shantanu: It is discussed in papers by Mcgaugh, but briefly it states that total rotation velocity is driven by that of baryons, in other words if there is a bump in rotation curve of just baryonic component you see it total asymptotic rotation curve.
That's the gist
Shantanu: Earlier this year there was a paper by Loeb and Walker which showed that all dark matter dominated systems have the same asymptotic values of centripetal acceleration.
Is there an explanation in your model for this?
The arxiv reference for the paper is 1401.1146.
Houri Ziaeepour: Therefore you mean that your observations are only related to some special solution for some special boundary conditions.
You are welcome to continue discussion in replies to this post.
[i]Хлопов Максим Юрьевич
Maxim Khlopov[/i]
Maxim Khlopov
Administrateur du site

Return to ASTROPARTICLE PHYSICS