Moderators: Konstantin Belotsky, Maxim Khlopov

Records of Lectures 2 semester 2010/2011

New postby Maxim Khlopov on Tue 15 Feb 2011 18:03

Records of Lectures of 2 semester

08/02/2011
Lecture "New generations of quarks and leptons"

Part 1

In the discussion the following question was put:

Alexander Kirillov: Существуют ли оценки, как сможет ограничить массу 4-ого нейтрино LHC, или для адронных коллайдеров это нетривиальная задача?

Part2

15/02/2011
Part3

In the discussion the following question was put:
Krasnopevtsev: как я понимаю техникварки образют технибарионы которые присутствуют наряду с обыкновенными барионами

22/02/2011
Part 4

Lecture "Searches for Dark Matter"

Part 1

01/03/2011
Part 2

Part 3

Gravitational lensing of an image of a distant galaxy by massive black hole is illustrated by the following movie
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d6/BlackHole_Lensing.gif

15/03/2011

Lecture "Puzzles of Dark Matter in the Light of Dark Atoms"

Part 1

In the discussion the following questions were put:
Krasnopevtsev: разве поток не изотропен?
Krasnopevtsev: почему происходит слияние?

22/03/2011

Part 2

Small comment about anomalous istopes, formed by dark atoms in the terrestrial matter

Lecture "Brane cosmology"

Part 1

29/03/2011

Part 2

Lecture "High Energy Astrophysics"

Part 1

05/04/2011

Part 2

Part 3

12/04/2011

Lecture "Horizontal unification"

Part 1

Part 2

Concluding remark on the ideas of cosmoparticle physics
Attachments
Horizontal unification.ppt
(758.5 KiB) Downloaded 337 times
High energy astrophysics.ppt
(3.81 MiB) Downloaded 345 times
Brane world cosmologyCor.ppt
(280.5 KiB) Downloaded 334 times
Dark Atoms.ppt
(3.73 MiB) Downloaded 365 times
DMSearches.ppt
(2.17 MiB) Downloaded 616 times
New generations.ppt
Ppt presentation of lecture "New generations"
(1.6 MiB) Downloaded 373 times
[i]Хлопов Максим Юрьевич
Maxim Khlopov[/i]
Maxim Khlopov
Administrateur du site

Re: Records of Lectures 2 semester 2010/2011

New postby Larisa_MEPhI on Thu 17 Feb 2011 22:58

Good day, Maxim Yur'evich! If You don't mind, I have a few questions.
1. What is "Walking Technicolor model"?
2. Why do we need in Glashow's theory D-quark to be unstable? Is it a problem for UUD condition to exist, 'cause if free D-quark will fall apart - does it make him fall apart in bound state? And it's connected with a question of free tera-quarks: can they exist?
3. In our world we have uuu condition (delta++ isobara) and this is the lightest condition too. What is the difference between uuu and UUU. Is it only a problem of a lifetime?
4. How can we find (register in detectors) particles with mixed structure of heavy and light quarks? Will such particles have special properties?
It doesn't matter what you write, it matters who is your advisor!
Larisa_MEPhI

New postby Maxim Khlopov on Fri 18 Feb 2011 12:32

Dear Larisa,
I hope that the extensive answers to your questions are contained in the records of the previous lectures.
Please find answers to your questions in brief:

1. What is "Walking Technicolor model"?
Technicolor models relate the scale of electroweak symmetry breaking to the scale of confinement of new non-abelian Technicolor group of symmetry. In particular, this approach leads to non-elementary Higgs boson, which appears as a bound state of techni-quark and anti-techni-quark. In Walking Technicolor models (WTC) the gauge "constant" is "walking": it changies with distance much slower, than usual "running" gauge constants of the Standard model. It makes possible to realize the large scale of WTC confinement with the use of a small group SU(2). If this constant was "running", such confinement scale would be very small (less, than eV).
2. Why do we need in Glashow's theory D-quark to be unstable? Is it a problem for UUD condition to exist, 'cause if free D-quark will fall apart - does it make him fall apart in bound state? And it's connected with a question of free tera-quarks: can they exist?
Tera-fermion mass ratios strictly follow mass ratios of ordinary particles. For mass of u-quark 3.5 MeV and of d-quark 5 Mev, their tera-partners are million times heavier. It makes D unstable, relative to decay to U and no binding can prevent such decay. On that reason tera-proton UUD is unstable relative to decay to UUU. Tera-quarks have normal QCD charges and they cannot be free: if some U and UU are not bound in UUU in early Universe, they are bound by QCD confinement in hadrons, such as (U anti-u), Uud or UUu
3. In our world we have uuu condition (delta++ isobara) and this is the lightest condition too. What is the difference between uuu and UUU. Is it only a problem of a lifetime?
Ordinary uuu is unstable, because it is bound by QCD confinement, while UUU is bound by chromo-Coulomb force (color force at small distance - analog of electromagnetic force). The mass of uuu is larger than the sum of masses of pion and nucleon. On the contrary, tera-pion (U anti-D) has the mass of the sum of masses of tera-quarks (which is much larger, than the scale of QCD confinement) and UUU cannot decay to UUD and (U anti-D).
4. How can we find (register in detectors) particles with mixed structure of heavy and light quarks? Will such particles have special properties?
I'll start my next lecture with the answer to this question.
With the best regards
M.Yu.Khlopov
[i]Хлопов Максим Юрьевич
Maxim Khlopov[/i]
Maxim Khlopov
Administrateur du site

New postby Larisa_MEPhI on Mon 7 Mar 2011 12:55

Good day, Maxim Yur'evich!

I've been thinking about Dark Matter and Hidden Mass. We know that there is a huge amount of neutrinos in our Universe. If we assume, that neutrino has mass (even if it's very small), so according to a huge amount - we have huge mass. Can this total mass be enough or almost enough to say, that neutrino mass - is Hidden Mass?
Larisa_MEPhI

New postby Maxim Khlopov on Mon 7 Mar 2011 13:04

Dear Larisa,
If you remind our discussion of dark matter (in lectures of 1 semester as well as in the lecture new generations of this semester) you can find that we have very definite prediction for the contribution of massive neutrinos into the cosmological density: neutrino number density times neutrino mass. Experimental upper limits on the mass of nerutrinos exclude dominant role of light neutrinos in the dark matter density. Moreover, constraints from the observed fluctuations of CMB imply additional suppression; All these experimental and observational constraints completely exclude dominance of massive neutrinos in cosmological dark matter.
Regards
M.Yu.Khlopov
[i]Хлопов Максим Юрьевич
Maxim Khlopov[/i]
Maxim Khlopov
Administrateur du site

New postby Ilya Rozhnov on Wed 30 Mar 2011 18:50

Если это не сложно, хотя бы у новых лекций, которые будете выкладывать, ставьте дату рядом с названием, это было бы очень удобно. Заранее спасибо.
Ilya Rozhnov

New postby Maxim Khlopov on Thu 31 Mar 2011 00:53

Dear Ilya,
Thank you for comment.
Regards
M.Yu.Khlopov
[i]Хлопов Максим Юрьевич
Maxim Khlopov[/i]
Maxim Khlopov
Administrateur du site

New postby Maxim Khlopov on Thu 31 Mar 2011 14:31

Dear Ilya,
Following your comment the chronology of lectures is now available.
Regards
M.Yu.Khlopov
[i]Хлопов Максим Юрьевич
Maxim Khlopov[/i]
Maxim Khlopov
Administrateur du site

Return to КУРС ПО КОСМОМИКРОФИЗИКЕ 2010/2011