Bozon

Modern cosmology inevitably involves physics, which is not described by the standard model of elementary particles. The particle physics models, presenting possible candidates for dark matter and physical basis for dark energy, inflation and baryosynthesis, or leading to cosmological consequences are the subjects of this topic.

Moderator: Maxim Khlopov

Forum rules
Only topics, specified in the description of this forum can be posted here. Other topics will be either removed or moved to an appropriate forum.

Bozon

New postby newbie13 on Fri 3 Oct 2008 11:22

Hello,

somebody can explain me what is a bozon?
Thank you
newbie13

Re: Bozon

New postby Maxim Khlopov on Fri 3 Oct 2008 11:36

Boson (after Indian scientist Bose) is a particle, which folows statistics of Bose-Einstein. Such partricles have integer internal momentum of rotation (spin) and they "like" to be together in the same place and the same pposition, unlike fermions (electrons, protons, quarks...) which can not be put together in the same position in the same place (Pauli exclusion prionciple). Examples of bosons are photon, pions, W and Z bosons and the HIggs boson. The latter is the challenge for modern accelerator searches, since it plays fundamental role in explanation of the fundamental nature of particle mass.
[i]Хлопов Максим Юрьевич
Maxim Khlopov[/i]
Maxim Khlopov
Administrateur du site

New postby newbie13 on Fri 3 Oct 2008 11:53

Thank you,
The LHC (CERN) going to allow to find the bozon?
newbie13

New postby Maxim Khlopov on Fri 3 Oct 2008 11:57

Many bosons are already discovered. The search for Higgs boson is one of the most important challenges for LHC
[i]Хлопов Максим Юрьевич
Maxim Khlopov[/i]
Maxim Khlopov
Administrateur du site

Return to BEYOND THE STANDARD MODEL