W.Louis:Excess of Electron-Like Events from the MiniBooNE

This elusive particle gives may be the first experimental evidences for physics beyond the standard model. Neutrino mass and oscillations, their theory and experimental study are to be discussed here. All the aspects of neutrino physics and astrophysics, related with the problems of cosmological and astrophysical studies of new physics are welcome to discuss.

Moderator: Maxim Khlopov

Forum rules
Only topics, specified in the description of this forum can be posted here. Other topics will be either removed or moved to an appropriate forum.

W.Louis:Excess of Electron-Like Events from the MiniBooNE

New postby Maxim Khlopov on Fri 2 Nov 2018 18:32

VIA lecture by Prof. William Louis "Significant Excess of Electron-Like Events from the MiniBooNE Short-Baseline Neutrino Experiment" was given on 02.11.2018. His slides and record of the lecture will appear soon in VIA library.
The following questions were put in discussion.
Houri Ziaeepour: In one of the slides you mentioned a mass of ~1.4eV for sterile neutrino. The CMB limit on the mass of relativistic particle is 0.16 eV. Can you comment on this?
Houri Ziaeepour: You also mentioned the decay of sterile nu or light DM. How well this option is constrained?
Yaroslav Nikitenko: Can this excess be due to cross sections? I mean some theoretical systematic error.
Houri Ziaeepour: Any detector with better resolution at low energies?

You are welcome to continue discussion of this exciting topic in replies to this post.
[i]Хлопов Максим Юрьевич
Maxim Khlopov[/i]
Maxim Khlopov
Administrateur du site

Return to NEUTRINOS